We visited Sarnia in July 2001 on our way to Minneapolis to see our friends and relatives.
Sarnia is located about 300km to the west of Toronto, on the east bank of the St. Clair River, connecting
Lake Huron with Lake St.Clair.
The St. Clair River serves as a border between US and Canada.
The oil was discovered in nearby Oil Springs in 1858: it was the first place in Canada and North America to drill for oil. Name Sarnia was adopted in 1835. Sarnia was incorporated as town in 1856 and as a city in 1914.