Santa Barbara is located along the Pacific coast about 145 km west-northwest of Los Angeles. The first permanent European residents were Spanish missionaries and soldiers, who came in 1782 to build the Presidio (Fort). Mexico took it over from Spain in 1822. Santa Barbara was taken by American soldiers in 1846 and became part of the US in 1848. It was incorporated as a city in 1850 after California became a State.
Photos of the lanterns, presented on this page, were taken at the following locations:
- Anacapa Street;
- Figueroa Street;
- State Street;
- Franklin Street;
- Paseo Nuevo.
All photos taken on May 23, 2014.
To see Superior Court lanterns please visit
St. Barbara Superior Court page.
Google 2019: Cafe closed.