Ontario:
Barrie,Orillia,
Huntsville

Barrie is located about 100km to the north
of Toronto, on shores of Kempenfelt Bay of western
Lake Simcoe. Area was first settled in 1912 and
the town was named Barrie in 1933. City of Barrie is 34th largest by population.

Orillia is located about 40km to the north
of Barrie on the shores of two connected lakes:
Lake Simcoe and Lake Couchiching. The settlement
of Orillia was laid out in 1840 and incorporated as
village in 1867, became a town in 1875, and a city in 1969.

Huntsville is the largest town in the Muskoka Region of Ontario. It is situated about 215km north
of Toronto and about 90km north of Orillia.
The area was settled in 1869 and incorporated as town in 1901.

Photos of Barrie and Orillia lanterns were taken
in September 2003. Huntsville lantern photo
was taken in July 2007.

Barrie: photos 1-4. Orillia: photos 5-9.
Huntsville: photo 9.



1 / 9
Barrie, 24 Collier Street.
Trinity Anglican Church, 1870.
Wall Mount Light above the Main Entrance.
Trinity Anglican


2 / 9
Barrie, 112 Collier Street.
United Church, 1864; enlarged in 1907.
Wall Mount Light above the Side Entrance (?).
United Church.


3 / 9
Barrie, 59 Collier St; Porch Pendants.
Heritage Commercial Building, 1845.
59 Collier St.


4 / 9
Barrie, 47 Owen Street.
St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, 1883.
Wall Mount Light at the Main Entrance.
St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church


5 / 9
Orillia, 99 Peter Street N.
St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, 1881.
Wall Mount Light at Neywash St Entrance.
St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church


6 / 9
Orillia, 59 Peter St N.
St. James' Anglican Church, 1891.
Wall Mount Light above Main Entrance.
St. James' Anglican Church


7 / 9
Orillia, 62 Peter Street N.
St. Paul's United Church.
Wall Mount Light at the Main Entrance.
St. Paul's United Church


8 / 9
Orillia, 27 Peter Street N.
Old Fire Hall, 1895.
Wall Mount Light at the Main Entrance.
Old Fire Hall


9 / 9
37 Main Street; Huntsville Town Hall, 1926.
Main Entrance stairs, Parapet Light Post.
Huntsville Town Hall
Huntsville.