Arnprior is located at the confluence of Ottawa and Madawaska Rivers, about 400km northeast,
of Toronto and 65km west of Ottawa.
The area was settled by Europeans in 1823. Arnprior was incorporated as a village in 1862 and as a town in 1892.
Pembroke stands at the joining of the Ottawa and Muskrat rivers in the beautiful Ottawa Valley.
It is located about 400km northeast of Toronto and 150km west of Ottawa. Europeans started settling the area in 1823. Pembroke was incorporated as a town in 1878 and as a city in 1971.
Enchanted Gardens is situated on the shores of the Ottawa River, about 25km west of Pembroke. It represents about 8 hectares (20 acres) of whimsical theme gardens and woodland trails. Kids and adults would enjoy "Sleepy Hollow", Gnomes Village, "Bugs-'n-Bones" discovery playground, "Wizard of Oz" garden, beaver pond and many other gardens and trails.
We rented a cottage on the Madawaska River and visited Arnprior, Pembroke and Enchanted Gardens in August 2003.